Nov 19, 2003

Another late blog from me... Another excuse too! I started training this week, and my schedule runs Friday-Monday. Tues-Thurs is when I make it back up to Sonoma for schoolage. Let's see... I'm going to start with last weeks news...

Training
My first day wasn't too bad... I got a binder about 3 inches thick that I have to go through in addition to a bunch of other folders on management. It's going to be a long 6 weeks of training. And yes, I found out Monday that I have to dress up as the rat for one day to "get a feel for what your employees have to do." *sigh* oh well, maybe I'll drop kick a few kids just to get my morale back up. Story: About half way through I meet a senior manager who is going to train me for the next few weeks. Let's call him Jim. (Cause I don't remember his real name.) Anyway, we shake hands and exchange the small talk. But then he busts out and says, "I'm sorry I was late, but I was going with my wife for artificial insemination."

*blink* *Looks back at the hand I just shook.*

I now know what it's like to be dumbfounded. One hell of a way to start a training.

Karaoke Revolution
hehe, when I bought it I definitely played for 5 hours straight. Guess what happened after that? I lost my voice for the next 4 days. Oh the joys. I found out I suck at singing, but it's fun to try anyway. Singing "When a man loves a woman," can take a lot out of you! And for those of you that do not approve... HAH, you're going to like it damnit. Invited a few friends to try it out with me Friday night, and it was a blast (They did indeed think it was gay, since friday I think one of them has bought it). My voice still isn't all there, so I left it with my mom to play while I recover. Whee.... The up side, is now I have a headphone/mic combo, so Socom can get bought soon. I figure I'll try it after I move into the new place.

The New Place
Still looking, but due to time constraints, we are agressively negotiating for a specific house. Unfortunately, it's the crack house I mentioned last week. My other roomates think that it's going to look good once they fix it up. I have my doubts, but I'm starting to get desperate. I have absolutely nothing packed, and no place to live in 11 days. Things could turn out bad. Worst case, I could commute from home every day, but that could get boring real quick. The other case, I could just rent another month but that would take about 1300... Next week, I'll have a clear picture on what's going on....

Other new stuff
Ever since Jon got his new car, I've been thinking about getting one myself. The civic is now starting to make some funny noises. But I'm going to shoot for a May buy. I have to one-up Lockheed guy over there, and I'm thinking about getting the WRX. There are only a few of them up here, but the ones I see on the road look sweet. I have to do a little more research, but I do have a lot more time. Any suggestions? (I was also looking at the Lancer Evo, but that's kinda out of my price range :D)

And now for clean-up
Matrix, haven't seen, but I think I'll just catch it on DVD. Paintball? I'd be down if I could make it. Schedule is looking kinda full at the moment. 5 more weeks of school, 6 weeks of training. Winter break can't come fast enough. (Too bad for all the working folk!)

No comments:

Post a Comment