Apr 10, 2004

Video game characters
This one is kinda hard. Never really gave it any thought, but here we go. My 10 favorite video game characters (In no particular order.):

1.) Prince Laharl - (Disgaea) This guy had quick wit and a perfect demon attitude. If I had the time I'd educate all of you on the wonders of the game and explain why I spent 80+ hours playing it. Short version: He's an anime character that makes fun of anime, RPG's and uses japanese humor to express his hate. How can you not go wrong?

2.) Sora - (Kingdom Hearts) Another RPG game with a great character. He feels like a native Final Fantasy character, one with a noble quest to save a childhood friend and find his girl. Actually, come to think of it, it's pretty generic. But never the less, his upbeat attitude is fun to watch, and some of his experssions are priceless.

3.) Parappa - (PaRappa the Rappa) You all know him and love him. I don't know why he's not on everyone's list. A rapping dog? An onion rap master? To this day, I can still remember select lines from the game. "Crack, crack, crack the egg into to bowl..." "In the rain or in the snow, I got the funky flow, but now I really gotta go." Word up.

4.) Gordon Freeman - (Half-Life) The man. Sure, the guy never talks, but the world seems to revolve around him. Move through a doorway, and something happens. Yay for scripting. Forget the chainsaws, if you give this guy a wrench, he'll tear shit up. He's the only scientist crazy enough to travel to an alien world, face off with face huggers, and MARINES.

5.) Kerrigan - (StarCraft) She's one bitter woman. Enough to give Steve a run for his money :) I understand where she's coming from though. If I were stranded to fight hundreds of thousands alien-esque type creatures on my own, I'd be a little pissed. She goes on to unite the 3 other races and destroys their leaders one at a time. Brutal.

6.) Donatello - (TMNT: Turtles In Time) I wasted so much money on this game, it's not even funny. Not to mention the time spent with TMNT II. Donatello was the best turtle. He was the smartest and had the longest reach weapon (Or so I thought at the time. I was later proven wrong by a now former friend :D And Don was the only one pimp enough to wear purple. Kinda like Samuel L. Jackson and his lightsaber.

7.) Ryu - (Street Fighter II) I'll stand behind the Japanese Warrior... In the glory days of SFII through SFII Hyperfighting, Ryu would waste Ken any day of the week. Unfortunately, as the games progressed, he would have a little more trouble in my eyes facing his "friend." He always has the same moves. Oh, forgive me, he gets a RED FIREBALL that knocks opponents down. What does Ken get? A crazy-ranged FLAME DRAGON PUNCH. Where's the justice in that?

8.) Link - (Zelda II) A lot of people hated this game for some reason. This was my first entry into the Zelda series and I loved it. If I had it my way, I'd be fighting Ironknuckles all night long. He had a large task, to place 6 crystals, get the Triforce of Courage, and wake Zelda who is sleeping when you first start the game. The third game was fairly fun, but then when it got to 3D the series started sucking. I have no desire to play as kid Link.

9.) Pac-Man - (erm. Pac-Man) Alright, so I'm starting to reach a bit. But I gotta give it up to old school characters as well. This was such a simplistic character whose job was to eat these dots. Why? Who cares! Just don't let the ghosts touch you. Through the years, his look changed. He gained hands, feet, eyes, and even eyebrows. He had a cartoon, and his own cereal for a time. Not too many others can boast such achievements (Zelda and Mario... Is that it?)

10.) Ulala - (Space Channel 5) I'm out of ideas so I'll go for the wacky. I know you guys won't admit it, but I bet you played SC5 at least once in your life. "Up, chu, down, chu, up, chu, chu." Alright I'm going to stop. I've emberrassed myself enough for one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment