Feb 3, 2005

What's up guys. I'm sitting here in my Special FX class and it looks like we have enough people to keep the class. Basically this means that I will probably graduate this semester. What this means is that I must do a project this semester. My professor has already told Ari, Mike and I that we can't just get away with coming to class and playing poker online...haha. Jonathan, I know you are cracked out right now, but hopefully you can find sometime to start practicing some choreographed moves. I know that you don't have a lot of time, but hopefully you won't see it as "work", but as a cool project that both our creative minds can work on together. I will try to find out where we are shooting it, where I am going to find the lights and some camera angles that I would like to use to showcase some special effects. Let me know if you are still interested, I know that you said you were, but it is time that I start preproduction on your dancing portfolio.

I've been on a downward slope in poker. Nothing serious. Been seeing a lot of crazy beats and it is putting a dent in the bankroll. Nothing significant, but over the past month or so I've probably dropped around 4 bills. Nothing big, and I'm an advocate for staying cool at the poker table...except for Bryant catching that last jack on the river...haha! What a hand! My confidence isn't shattered, so don't think that now! HOWEVER, Jonathan asked me one nigh if I felt hat reading people has become a bigger part of game since everyone now can see in a general sense how to play poker because of television...(those might not be his EXACT words...hehe) but it is what he basically asked. I do think that it plays a bigger role in my game...I have of course taken a liking to Daniel Negreanu's play. If you find him annoying, you at least have to give him the respect he deserves. Daniel relies heavily on his ability to feel out the flop and the player. Since he can do it well...he can tend to play mediocre hands and play them accordingly. Anyway I think that I have taken my gut instincts over my mathematical decisions many times at the table. Sometimes this might not be the right play mathematical wise, I think I have won a lot of pots or rather picked up a lot of pots that I probably shouldn't have. Okay with that out of the way I think I need help on my online play.

I'm not sure if my losing streak of the past month has been because of some crazy beats (like Table Mountain) or because my online play is suffering. My no limit seems to be doing okay...I took a break from tournaments, then played in one and got eighth out of 275. I think I could have played it better...made some mistakes...but I'm talking more about my limit game. I have realized that it is almost impossible to read people online...am I losing because my mathematical play is wrong? Am I playing too many hands? Am I just getting outplayed after the flop? Am I just on a bad streak? I don't want to bore anyone here with my own poker loopholes in my game...hopefully I can just bug Jonathan one night when he's not going crazy. Not to say that you Pooky players couldn't help me also, but Jonathan has played more online and could probably give me a straight answer.

Okay back to class.

No comments:

Post a Comment