Jun 8, 2005

"2" Derek
I'm glad I made it out for your show. I enjoyed the strumming and singing, particularly the improvised lil-sumthin-extra parts. There were, however, some times in the middle it was hard to hear Roxanne; you were simply overpowering. Whether you tampered with the microphone volumes is not much my concern.

Then there was the awkward no-applause pause. Sorry, I wasn't sure how things were done in a worship group (it's been some time since my last). After a while people clapped... but I noticed that after that you never really stopped between songs, thereby denying people the chance to revive the awkwardness. You kept strumming a little--even when you were taking a drink of water, don't think I missed that--that hand of yours just kept plucking tunes.

I took some photos, to sell on eBay when you get famous. It was pretty dark in there though, so some turned out awful, others okay, and none great. I would have used the flash but I didn't want to disturb the artists at work or get accused of stealing souls.

Now "I was born to worship you... I was made to worship you..." is stuck in my head. Hopefully I won't be singing it out loud when my boss comes by to check on me.

"II" Brendan
This post is for Brendan or anyone else who might have given me a starring role in a short student film.

I haven't looked very thoroughly at the Web site, but my first answer is come on chums les do dis! I'm looking for a challenging position in a creative and technical field, and feel that my background, training, and work ethic would be a great asset to the group. Seriously, I appreciate the invitation and encouragement, and would be glad to join in whatever creative work's going on. Although I get the feeling the other guys just want to see more funny faces to make the work days a little easier.

On a side note, I never really responded directly to your idea about refilming the dance movie. I challenged opinions and promoted reconsideration, as is my wont, for its own sake. However, I would definitely want to reshoot with better dancing, a clearer story, a closer location if possible, and perhaps even HD, if it's going to film festivals regardless. I don't want to be all over the Web known as Worst Locker Ever Seen On Film. So if that's still an option we can discuss the details some time. I also still want to re-edit some of the original, one of these days.

Back to the important issue... If I join "A2D + Mike" does the name become "A2D + Mike + Jon - typos"... "Jonathan, BAM!"... or perhaps "JAMBox"? I think our best bet is "J + Crew"--that way anyone else can join in too and the name still works.

No comments:

Post a Comment