Sep 2, 2003

Alright, time to respond to the advice given... But as I write this, I'm down about 30 bucks so my opinion might not count for shit.

*clears throat*

I'll start by laughing at myself. I play both no limit and low limit poker. I'm actually better at low limit, but I have logged more hours in no limit... Why do I do such a thing? Well, probably because of what I've posted before. I enjoy taking LARGE sums of money off suckers. But most of the time I'm a sucker. I know why too.. It's something I have to get used to, and Brendan hit it on the nose. I don't want to spend over 3 dollars on a pre-flop. I'm a chicken. Anything that gets fairly high, I usually fold. And it actually costs me a lot of money.

Another thing that's stopping me from being a better poker player... I think I over play my cards... I'm also one to try and hold onto the AA til my dying breath. According to the statistics (I love that little feature) I go to the river after seeing the flop about 40% of the time. Happily at the river I realize what I'm doing and fold 53% of the time. (Which according to some books is probably a mistake... Odds 'n such...) Anyone want to share their stats? Oh well live and learn. I'm re-reading "Texas Hold 'em for Advanced Players" (the beginning of school is always really really slow...) and it also places a lot of emphisis on the fact that poker is not exact. Playing the excat same way all the time is not going to help very much. The books are a guideline of how to play.

I'd like to add an additional little piece of advice... The swings of poker are a bitch. I have good days and bad days.... Ummm, right now I'm having a bad day. But still, you gotta look at the grand scheme of things sometimes. Dropping a bit here and there is fine, you can make it up later. Whee, let's see... Subtract this 20 from what I lost today... yesss... Down 100! But some days are like that. I just gotta play a little better and tighter next time around. I bet I can rebound this week... I'll let you guys know.

Ok... I'm done talking about poker. Hell... I'm done playing poker tonight. Tomorrow is a new day :) I'll see you guys at the tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment