Oct 1, 2003

Just posting to let you guys know I'm still alive... Today's the day to make my comeback in the online poker world. For those that don't know, I got tapped in the middle of the month. Wasn't happy about the way I've been playing so I took a self-imposed break til today. It actually felt good to put it down for a bit. I'm kind of lying though. I did manage to play at Bay when Brendan managed to pull his 3 rack night :) Unfortunately I didn't do so hot, but I can say it was a learning experience. Brendan, the guy to your right may have been a maniac but he did have some poker knowledge. He helped me out a lot... He was able to read me, and I caught myself giving him a tell. Ahh, I can't say too much about my 100 dollar loss that day though... I played premium hands, but I didn't let it go when I should have. Live and learn I guess.

But enough about poker, right? We didn't celebrate this blog's birthday! We managed to keep alive (sorta) for a year now. Looking back at it, we've all come a long way. It's only been a year! Imagine what'll happen this year.

The school year isn't too bad this time around. Just took two tests, one in computers and one in Human Resources. For those I haven't told my computer class to... I have to take a basic computer course to show I'm competent. The transfer from CS to business must not count for very much. Anyway, when I say basic I really mean basic. We learned how to use E-Mail in our first computer class, and we're learning all about Microsoft Word now. Whee. Test done in 30 minutes.

So how is the unemployed life? I love it, aside from the steady paycheck every other week. I've gotten a lot done in the weekends I've had off, and plan to do much more. I gotta say, the next job I get, I'd better get the weekends off. I've been missing a lot! My plan is to find an internship or something higher for my next job. I don't want to do any more of this low level shiet.

Alright, that's enough for now. Good luck on the project Brendan, I like the concept! Let us know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment