Jun 22, 2005

I’m sure none of you working stiffs sat down and watched the 100 Greatest Movie Quotes of All Time on CBS. Obviously favorite movie quotes are chosen on your own personal preference, but you can at least give a little respect to AFI and their panel of members for a pretty good list. Derek, Tony, my mom and I tried to guess what quotes were coming up next. Every other quote we would have to hear Tony’s rant on how black and white movies = dumb. However, the highlight of the evening was that my mom somehow pulled out of her ass the number 1 and 2 quotes. Actually I think we all chose at least one quote from the Top Ten which was cool. To Derek’s defense, he arrived after about 2/3 of the quotes were already said so he said he couldn’t reserve the good ones because he wasn’t here. I won’t post up the top ones if you want to try to guess them, but I’m willing to put money on the fact that you won’t get them. My mom got them because she’s old. Haha.

So since I haven’t done a list in a while here is my favorite movie quotes. Obviously we can already guess some of them, but I will try to pick a line that sums up the entire character or situation. So everyone get in on this one…it’s better than reading Steve’s blog that makes fun of how I dance. I’m a firm believer that you don’t need to dance on beat! Hell, I don’t even know what a beat is. So here we go…I can’t wait to hear some of your favorite quotes…it might even make me watch some films that you like that I haven’t seen yet!

In no particular order because it is too hard…also I had to look up some of these lines because even though these are some of my favorites, I didn’t want to butcher up the actual line.

SWINGERS - Trent Walker - Vince Vaughn
I’m gonna make Wayne Gretzky’s head bleed for superfan number 99 here.

THE JERK - Navin Johnson - Steve Martin
I was born a poor black child.

ROUNDERS - Teddy KGB - John Malkovich
I am still up twenty grand from the last time I stick it in you.

CHARADE - Regina Lambert - Audrey Hepburn
I'm afraid I already know a great many people. Until one of them dies I couldn't
possibly meet anyone else.

MONTY PYTHON…HOLY GRAIL - Black Knight - John Cleese
Tis but a scratch!

CLERKS - Jay - Jason Mewes
About the biggest pair you’ve ever seen dingleberry!

CHASING AMY - Banky Edwards - Jason Lee
I’ll trace a chalk line around your dead fucking body you fuck!

THE STING - Hooker - Robert Redford
Yeh, Luther said you could teach me something. I already know how to drink.

BUTCH CASSIDY…KID - Sundance - Robert Redford
I can’t swim!

CASABLANCA - Rick - Humphrey Bogart
Here’s looking at you kid.

EMPIRE STRIKES BACK - Yoda - Frank Oz
Do or do not. There is no try.

GO - Tiny - Breckin Meyer
Yo, pull yo’ stink’n dink’n out of my ass. I’m just trying to make conversation. Fuck. Why don’t you give a nigga a break?!?

THE USUAL SUSPECTS - Verbal Kint - Kevin Spacey
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was he convinced everyone he didn’t exist.

BATMAN - The Joker - Jack Nicholson
Have you ever danced with the devil in a pale moonlight?

ROMAN HOLIDAY - Princess Ann - Audrey Hepburn
Oh, you can't imagine... I'd, I'd like to do just whatever I'd like, the whole day long!

OFFICE SPACE - Bob Slydel - John C. McGinley
Take for instance Samir Naja..Naga…Na..well, not gonna work here anymore.

BILLY MADISON - Billy Madison - Adam Sandler
T-T-T-T-Today junior!

Alright well these are just some of my favorite lines that I could think of…I know each of us has a bunch of them that when we sit down to write them, its very hard to remember…but do your best. I want to hear ‘em.

No comments:

Post a Comment