Nov 30, 2005

I would use the chatter box, but this may be more readable. I know Brendan will blog more on this later, but this is what I'm hearing so far about X-mas. It sounds like there might be some quasi-party gift giving going on.

Seeing the responses from Steve, Kevin, and Tony; talking with Brendan and Derek - it sounds like most people would like to get together for a little shindig -> this may/may not tie into the Annual Horiuchi Dinner (Brendan will provide more details) and may include some poker fun (with special guest Phil Ivey and his 40K). Most likely this would be an after Xmas - Pre New Years type o' deal.

It also sounds like people will be buying gifts for some and not others, which should be fine, since some of us know each other better then others and some just like giving gifts. Can't stop anybody for that! But gift giving among others is not mandatory. Christmas is the season of giving, not the season of "shit that guy bought me something, I better buy him something fast." That's a risk, but if Christmas is truly about giving, it shouldn't even matter, right? =)

Tony's right, where the most important thing for us should be spending the holidays together. With some of us not working and/or going to school, it's pretty much the only time of year where we can all hang out together and possibly see each more then once a weekend, if that. I know I'm a hermit because of work lately, so i'm definitely looking forward to the holidays. This doesn't count for just the Pooky guys either, I know we have some readers out there and I would love to spend the holidays with you (Horiuchis, Shannon, whomever else that reads this darn thing).

Still awaiting to hear from Andy, Jonathan, Farmer B on their thoughts for X-mas and whether they'll be joining us in our gathering. Actually this could include Kevin, but I'm especially looking at Brian on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment