Nov 17, 2005

Okay so this post is for Andy and Bryant (although I know Bryant said he couldn't wait in line because A.) He has a life and B.) He has no money at the moment. Both are good reasons and in fact are proof that he is smarter than us.)

Deciding where to get the Xbox360's. I know we started thinking about Target since it was be very close to home and around a lot of restaurants and such...HOWEVER after doing some research I have come up with the following. Perhaps this will help us in making an easier decision about where we wait...well "we" as in you finding the money. Do I hear Andy's Xmas gift coming in the form of currency? =)

So here goes...what I have found out...and it doesn't look like we got it too bad, but definetely enough to make me vomit about how M'soft is handling the situation...

STORE 851 (SANTANA ROW) - 38 PRO / 12 CORE SYSTEMS = 50 TOTAL
STORE 190 (BLOSSOM HILL) - 48 PRO / 14 CORE SYSTEMS = 62 TOTAL
STORE 685 (EL CAMINO) - 30 PRO / 10 CORE SYSTEMS = 40 TOTAL
STORE 142 (MILPITAS) - 54 PRO / 16 CORE SYSTEMS = 70 TOTAL

According to various websites reporting these findings...the give or take number is 5% of what it says on this list.

To give Andy an indication of if this shortage does indeed exist...Best Buy as a huge retailer is only getting 28,000 PROS / 14,000 CORES.

I will call soon to find out if any of these are doing a midnight launch...if that is the case then that actually fucks with our chances of getting one...I hope the price tag is enough to get people to wake up and say, "fuck that...I'm going back to bed." So the question is...if these Best Buys do a midnight launch...just when do you think we need to get out there? And also on a sidenote...it seems that they are handing out tickets, but again I will call to make sure about that. Lemme know what you think Captain.

No comments:

Post a Comment