Jul 28, 2005

Ok so two posts in a row...crazy...but I also remember last time we rode to the Giants game we asked about our top 10 songs. I went through my playlists, my CDs and came up with this....

10. New Edition - I'm Still in Love With You - This was one of my favorites from high school and it's been able to stay atop as one of my favorite R&B/Love songs.
9. Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling - it was a tough choice between this song and Unchained Melody, but this song has a lot of nostalgic value to it.
8. Boyz II Men - In the Still of the Night - Old school song done better by a newer group. This song has a lot of nostalgic value to it as well. Simple yet powerful.
7. Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby - This is one of my favorite songs and it took me some time to figure out where this really should be. Anytime I'm feeling down, I listen to this song to cheer me up.
6. Jon B. - Someone to Love - Bad Boys soundtrack, slow dances in school, this reminds me of what I want to hear from R&B songs. Too many songs these days are going to hip-hop influences where beats and bitches are more important then vocals and lyrics.
5. Bush - Glycerine - A little alternative flavor, but this is a song I always love belting when driving in my car. It reminds me a lot of car rides taken and road trips made where this song came up.
4. Live - Lightning Crashes - A sad song, but somehow it has a calming sense to it. I like it towards the end when it has a very climatic feel to the song. Another song from back in the day that I used to sing along with all the time.
3. Boyz II Men - End of the Road - I didn't think that 2 of these songs would make my top 10, but this is another song that reminds me of the type of R&B I like. This is more special because it's a group that harmonizes so well together and each one knows their role. When Wanya is belting out tunes at the end, it's just makes you realize just how talented people are.
2. Ben E. King - Stand By Me - Old school song, great message, simple lyrics. I love it.
1. Jodeci - Lately - This was a tough one to choose, but I just remember the good times Derek and I use to have singing this around the place in high school. All is needed is a little piano in the background and Kci and Jojo just let their souls take control.

I know a lot of these songs are favorites because of nostalgic reasons, but those are the best types of songs to remember. Songs that spark memories will be the ones we remember for the rest of our lives.

Runner ups - Counting Crows - Mr. Jones, Kci-Jojo - All My Life, DMB - Crash, Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer, Yaz - Only You, 112 - Nowhere, Michelle Branch - One of These Days, The Temptations - My Girl, Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody

This was a tough list, I'm sure if you asked me the same question in 2 weeks this list would change depending on my mood. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment