Nov 6, 2005

My family and I got back from Fresno yesterday for a quick day trip. We got off to a late start because I didn't go to bed until about 7ish in the morning. We got to Fresno at around 1:00 I think and I got an awesome surprise of seeing my cousin Nicole. She's been in the ATL chill'n with all the black folk I guess. Anyways it has been a while since I've seen her so it was nice hearing her laugh again. Unfortunately her trip back to California wasn't a vacation.

For those who don't know or who I haven't updated in the past week, my cousin Michael's daughter, has been in the hospital for the past week and half or so. I guess last Sunday she was up in the morning running around the house in good spirits when suddenly she stopped in her tracks and started to have seizures. To make a long story short, she is hooked up to more monitors and tubes than I have ever seen in my life. I've seen older people in the hospital and I hate that, but going into that ICU room really made me dizzy. It's a sight that I hope none of you have to go through. I whispered to her that I'll be thinking about her and I told her to get better soon because she has a huge family that loves her. This is the first time in a long time where I've really choked up. As I walked out of that ICU room I looked back one more time and had a thought that I wanted to share with all of you.

This might come off as an attacking statement to all my friends who I take the time to listen to...but you can bet your ass that I mean myself also.

In these types of situations you almost have no control of what the outcome is. Sometimes you have to wait things out and see what happens. This is both taxing and frustrating and I have the upmost respect for my family in times like these and how we are all able to stay in high spirits. I just wanted you to remember that these are situations that you cannot control...these are situations that you should be frustrated over. DO NOT magnify problems so much that you feel you have no control over anything. Take control of the situations that you can instead of feeling sorry for yourself...because when these types of problems like the one above comes up you will feel like an ass for complaining about stupid shit...that is the thought I had when I looked back at the ICU room. Yeah...I understand that it is all relative...at least until you are put into a similiar predicament that my cousin is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment