Jun 27, 2006

If you are a misplaced person with misplaced faith (haha, send the hatemail to Hommeikun1@aol.com) then you will undoubtly see Superman or any other type of action hero as a savior since you can relate to it. However, I was talking more about like what the directors did to the Matrix. Neo was Jesus. And they kept talking about all this religious stuff rather than making Neo just a cool fucking dude. And I think we can all agree that Matrix Parts II and III were garbage because they got so lost in the religious crap that they forgot how to tell a story. I'm going by what the directors have stated in interviews by the way.

Since I'm not religious I don't see any superhero as being some higher type being, but rather a character some writer had the creativity to come up with. Obviously since religion is a universal thing with the basics of Good Vs. Evil then you can relate this to any comic book storyline. That's cool. However, I think a lot of comic book writers are using their characters as a way to respond to social problems and human flaws that we have. I don't necessarily think they mean for the character to be "God" or "Jesus" and all I'm stating is that if Bryan Singer has the crazy vision of making Superman = Jesus then you get the equation Superman = Jesus = Neo = Matrix Trilogy = Garbage = Superman Sucks By Association.

You are going to have to forgive me for this post. All throughout school all I heard our teachers and retarded classmates talk about washow a movie relates to God then go on to speak about homosexuality then it got into a God hates faggots VS GLAAD. It was almost a cop out in certain respects. Dont' have anything to say about the film we just watched? Well let's compare it to religion. AGAIN. AND AGAIN. AND AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN. And while you can say that I'm doing that right now...all I'm saying is that I'm threatening Bryan Singer's life if he fucks up Superman.

Haha! Man I for one though hope this movie doesn't suck. It's been too long that we've been waiting for this movie. I can't wait until Doomsday comes up out of the ground and pounds Superman to a crisp. Then Kristin comes out and showers...but then we find out its a body double then I go kill myself and send myself down to hell where I belong. Werd.

No comments:

Post a Comment