Mar 9, 2003

The dreaded double blog. The "pay attention to me" blog. The "my life is obvoiusly more important than your life will ever be because of all the cool shit that happens to me" blog. All above are true of the following blog. Let's go.

So apprently now my family is collecting food stamps since everywhere I look in the kitchen I see the same shit we usually have only this time now all the packages say, "Safeway's..." and "Crunchy crunchy frosty bran" and "100% carrot substitute". So I've decided that since I'm hungry and I'm too lazy to walk or drive to good old Del that I would eat and drink some of these other brands of quote, unquote food. For the first part of this exciting and breathtaking series I will start with the Safeway Select sodas. A quick run down of what they have to offer and what they are lacking. Fun times start now.

Cherry Cola - Mmmmm. Pepsi too syrupy, Coke not syrupy enough. Safeway Cherry Cola - BOOMSHAKALAKA!
Doctor Skipper - Haha. Makes me laugh. Very close to the orginal with a hint more of cherry I think. Overall I think I like this better than Pibb.
Pineapple - Whoa pineapple soda...wait a minute...it has a nice overall body and a nice nose. Like Jon commented when he drank it, "ooh it doesn't give me that weird feeling in my mouth". Well I have no idea what that or nose and body means. Not too acidy, just right. Not for all, but pretty quenching nonetheless.
Grapefruit - Tasted like Squirt. Since this is 50 times cheaper I would have to say Grapefruit over Squirt anyday.
Mountain Breeze - Code Red Mountain Dew. I'm actually starting to not like Code Red myself and this is more of the same. Although the cherry in this soda tastes like you are given a glass of regular mountain dew and then the bartender actually puts in that cherry syrup. I like that better than already mixed in. Tastes better. However when I burp I get a hint of cherry flavored nyquil. As long as you don't burp you'll be fine. With the sodas and the ladies.
Black Cherry - Mmm. I like this one. It is very good and reminds me of Hanson's soda. However a little on the sweet side but not too harsh.
Fruit Punch - With Hawaiian punch I always finish it off to quickly because it doesn't have carbonation in it. Well this fruit punch does and it is delicious. It's a nice break from drinking the other punch in about 30 seconds, plus that one leaves your teeth slimy and red.

Well I think that about wraps it up on the sodas. Hopefully next blog I will be able to try new and exciting flavors! OH man keep the fun times rolling please...

*IF YOU ARE NOT GOOD AT ARCADE GAMES CAUSE U SUCK (NOT AGAINST JON THOUGH CUZ HE'S A STRATEGY GUIDE NERD) THEN SKIP THIS SECTION.*

MAME - For those who don't know what this is it is an emulator for old arcade games. Everything you played as a kid is available to you in PERFECT arcade glory. No retarded load times, no retarded missing frames of animations, no stupid voice announcers that were watered down for console hardware. Here is the rundown of the games that I downloaded for a splendid good time with RPS aka Bangs. Feel free to get jealous. CYBERBOTS. SAMURAI SHOWDOWN 2, SAMURAI SHOWDOWN 4, SSF2TURBO, METAL SLUG 3 (Jon added up how many quarters we would have pumped into this God forsaken, money grubbing machine and it totaled about 25 dollars. Hey beats 200 dollars if you bought it in the stores), SUPER PUZZLE FIGHTER TURBO, STRIDER, DARKSTALKERS, NIGHTWARRRIORS, GAUNTLET, TMNT, SIMPSONS, OLD SCHOOL STAR WARS IN VECTOR GLORY, Q*BERT, TECMO SUPERBOWL, AND MOONWALKER. Jon decided he wanted to try DBZ. This game sucks but you should download it to see the dinosaur in the background. You'll know what I mean. Check it out. Now be appreciative, well not towards me, but to Ari for searching through foreign pages with a bunch of german shit on it just to find a legit site with legit ROMS. I would actually reccomend that you have a semi-fast computer. Even though the roms are small, the processor still gets eaten up by them. So here we go. If you want them follow the steps. Like I said these are perfect. Jon seemed impressed and we know how he scoffs at videogames. Oh yeah and I won't see him anymore since he has to beat CYBERBOTS with all characters...Steve da' nickname is'lacken and Farmer Bri understand what I'm saying. I think Bangs downloaded a strategy guide with little icons of cheese on each combo. Watch out for him.

First you have to get the emulator itself. You can get this here at - http://www.classicgaming.com/mame32/download.htm Download the zip and extract it to your newly created MAME folder. I think there are three downloads...you want the m32-062.zip file. You need to sign up with Gamespy to get your file. Don't worry its free.

Now for the ROMS. A couple of things to note. YOU LEAVE THEM ZIPPED. DO NOT EXTRACT. When you download these have them get saved in the /Rom folder of the extracted MAME emulator. Also if you are downloading a game that is based on a older game engine, for example, SSF2Turbo edition, you need to get the PARENT ROM of SSF2 since turbo was based on the regular SSF2. Now for the sites: http://mamefans.metropoliglobal.com/mw.htm Again you have to register with them to download but it's free. Now the download times are very slow. I haven't figured out a way to use a download accelerator yet, but like I was saying. The biggest ROM size I have is 75 megs and that is for Metal Slug 3. The Simpsons is a whopping three megs. Another site but one I don't go to often : http://www.kemuland.com/welcome.php When you finally get all the ROMS you want then you have to open up MAME and go to the File/Audit all ROMS for it too detect the ROMS you just downloaded.

Now for controllers. You can use the keyboard but guess how well that works. Try using the arrows for a dragonpunch...and if your player one you have to use some shit like W, T, X, F just to do a fucking dragonpunch. So yeah, you might be saying...I thought you said it was free...well if you look at my list and how much those games go for...well I saved myself at least 10K. I think I can spend 10 bucks on a controller. I'd recommend Gravis since Windows and Mac have drivers for them already. Then when you see your ROM (you'll know what I mean when you see it) then you have to right click and enable the joypad for every game you want to use the controller for. Any questions email me.

Remember if you don't want to wait to download these I have the ROMS on my hardrive that you can copy. *Hint hint, Jon...download shit I don't have...* They even have that Miss World Nude game that is exactly like Qix but you get pictures of naked girls instead of stupid Qix shit. Haha and no I haven't downloaded that...yet.

So Jon and I were talking about how we can't remember shit from YBA conferences...shit I already forgot what I was going to say...maybe Jon can cap that off...

Vietnamese dancing festivals are stupid and insulting. I am a firm beleiver that humans are the superior race therefore we shouldn't let monkeys dance without a leesh or a guy with a top hat controlling them or else they might start to think they are superior and start getting ideas. Oh well...if they do we can always do my DDR machine attached with a claymore in the jungle plan to blow them out in 20 seconds flat. Don't know what I'm talking about. Go to my last T-Bola conversation and replace "scattegories" with "to a traditional dancing vietnamese show". MINUS 10,000 POINTS. Fuck that hole is getting deep.

Racist words: The race with the slur can use it anyway they want. Other races cannot. Don't agree? Tell me otherwise.

Well thats about it. Funny how this blog contains no deep thoughts. Just a simple way to get all the memories in the endangered species of arcades on our computer for free, there by helping the arcades become extinct...haha this is great.

OH yeah, thanks Bryant for Splinter Cell...since I can download new levels, it truly is the gift that keeps on giving. Kinda like T-Bola in that my jokes will never run dry as long as you hang out with her!! =) This is awesome! Haha. Whee Fun times. Oh yeah real quick...another idea...I think we should all email Jon with our most embarrasing, young picture of ourselves so he can put them up for like a week on our blog. This came about because I have only seen Bryant as a young kid in elementary. I have no idea what Steve, Brian, Jon or Hapachan looked like for that matter. Tell me what you think...aren't you curious to see what I looked like? Maybe not...

Okay I had to edit this blog because the Links button wasn't working...so they are in bold...copy and paste your damn selves you lazy bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment