Jun 29, 2005

To answer Jonathan's questions since I know he will be playing 6/12 soon, there wasn't too much difference. I really tried to watch for nuances throughout the game to see if the texture was the same. It basically is like 3/6 except that your raises do get a little more respect than at a 3/6 or 2/4 game.

For example, UTG I decided to raise with my AA. I past me might have limped in, but we all now know that you must protect your aces...just like Lederer said, "you need to protect your aces like they are your first born." So this pretty much narrowed down the field to 2 other players. In any 3/6 game you might have 5 people seeing the flop with you. Well just like I said in my post below, my aces got cracked, but at least I wasn't losing to some shit J7suited. The hand I believe that beat me at this particular hand was KQ suited that made his flush on the river...but not before I made him pay for his draw. Unfortunately this time he made it.

The other thing I noticed were that people weren't as cry, cry, crying about how they never make hands. There was the occasional blow up but not as much as 3/6 in my past experiences.

Bottom line: I think out of all of us Jonathan has what it takes to win at 6/12. Perhaps even me, but so far I'm down 200 at 6/12. Haha! The rest of you don't worry...you aren't missing much except for 60/70 dollar pots. =)

Bottom, bottom line: Jonathan, not sure if this was much of a factor, but I don't have the bankroll that I want to sit at a 6/12 table. I'm not sure if this in anyway affected how I played, I know in my decisions at the table it didn't, but who knows...maybe on a subconscious level it might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment