Jun 30, 2005

Wow, from a learning stand-point it is very interesting to read the thought process one goes through. I have a ways to go before I can even do that.

Reading your entry, I didn't think it was a dick move. If you were going to say that kind of stuff with regulars, I don't think it's bad that you said it to someone newer to our table. And I don't know if this ever came to mind, but I think as a long term strategy is that it's a good one. You get directly into a players head (assuming he buys in again or plays with you again) and if you play with someone who doesn't have a short memory, you have a total advantage on him. I find it more interesting when you talk aloud on what you think your opponent has. Though if I were in Anthony's position I would be pissed hahaha, but you know me. It would be because of the competitiveness vs. what you said.

I think also that this could have a benefit on Anthony to try and figure out more what you had to raise him that high. I got the feeling after playing with him is that he's definitely a risk taker, but isn't taking them for the right reason. When you're wreckless on every hand, playing every hand, it takes away from the player. To see someone winning in that capacity gets to me at times because when I'm at the table I'm really trying to learn something new and improve my play. But one thing I did learn from last night, in the long run, the player who plays wreckless is going to lose. Hopefully Anthony came out of last night learning a few nuances of the game since I know he doesn't play as much as we do and doesn't have that experience.

Going back to the learning part, I feel like I'm getting a little better at betting and extracting the most that I could out of people. Last night, was good practice for me, though it wasn't a tournament, I think I can take what I tried out and use it in a tournament setting.

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do, that defines me. "
Batman (Christian Bale) - Batman Begins

No comments:

Post a Comment