Jul 7, 2005

Okay, so the movie quote posts aren't even up on the front blog page anymore. But I spent quite some precious LM time thinking about it, and at one point at least Tony wanted to see my picks, so here are some (from memory, so some may be mis-quotes)...

Rounders (surprise!)
"All right, gimme 2000... You heard Mike, he's good for it. Look I'm gonna triple that in a half hour, princess, let's go!"
"Guys, guys, English only at the table, no Russian... If you wanna see this seventh card, you're gonna stop speaking fucking Sputnik... I'm sure you're just talking about perogies and snow and shit, but cut it out."
"It's just like the saying says, 'In the poker game of life, women are the rake.' They are the fucking rake." "What the fuck are you talking about, what--what saying?" "I don't know... there oughta be one."
"Lays down a monster. Should have paid me off on that. The fuck did you lay that down?!" "Not hungry?" "Mister Son of a Bitch, let's play some cards."
"You are on a draw, Mike? Go away, this one. Is not good for you. And in my club I will splash the pot whenever the fuck I please."
"Motherfucker! Motherfucker! You bugumat! That is it!" "What are you talking about, that's it? Take him down, Teddy!" "Nyet! No more! Not tonight! This son of bitch all night he check, check, check--he trapped me!"

Tombstone (Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday is probably my all-time favorite performance)
"If I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it."
"You gonna do something, or you just gonna stand there and bleed?"
"Johnny, I apologize, I forgot you were there. You may go now."
"Forgive me if I don't shake hands."
"Maybe poker's not your game. Let's have a spelling contest!"
"I don't think I'll let you arrest us today, Behan."

Back to the Future, Part II
"Get the hell outta my car old man!"
"Why don't you make like a tree... and get outta here."

Bad Boys
"That was a living, breathing animal, it probably had a name." "It's just bologna... 'My bologna has a first name'."
"Don't be alarmed, we're negros."
"You look very handsome today, Marcus." "I ain't in the mood. Leave ME the fuck ALONE." "What's wrong man? PMS?" "Nah, damn the jokes. Damn 'em!"
"Uh, you don't want that. Cause when I come, I come with the thunder!"
"You better sit your lanky ass down... cause bottom line, I'll knock you the fuck out!"
"I love you, man." "Fuck you Marcus." "... I do. You my boy." "Shut up, just shut up... Slow ass driver. Driving like a bitch." "Why it got to be all that? I'll drive us off this fuckin cliff, you keep fuckin with me. Then what, we'll just be two bitches in the sea..."

Braveheart
"My hate will die... with you."
"Every man dies. Not every man really lives."

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
"What are you doing?" "Stealing your woman." "... Take her."

Chasing Amy
"Hey Flo! Tell Mel to whip me up a toasted bagel with cream cheese--hey you want one too?--Make that two, and kiss my grits! Nooch!"

Clerks
"Yeah he knows some English, but he cannot speak it good like we do."
"Hey Olaf, girl nice?" "Skrilnik." "Man that's fucked up." "What did he say?" "I don't know but this guy's a character."
"There's a million fine looking girls in the world, but not many of 'em will bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em will just cheat on you."

Enter the Dragon
"Don't think! Feeeeeel!"
"Guns! Why doesn't someone take a .45 and 'bang!', settle it?"
"Boards... don't hit back."

G.I. Joe
"Either we all go home, or nobody goes home."
"Who ever heard of being shot down by salad?!"

Goldmember
"You're very toite. I can see that from your toite pants."
"You're not going to put that in your mouth are you--oookay you did. That's just gross."
"It's a power struggle... he does not understand, he is small."

The Hustler
"You're not a loser, Eddie, you're a winner. Some men never get to feel that way about anything."

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
"I should've mailed it to the Marx Brothers!"

Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
"You get the fucking guns. I drive the car!... Mehmehmeh!"

Made
"Surprise me. I don't know what I'm feeling today... There's a nice way to do that."
"I'll defend myself."
"It's fucking embarrassing. We're riding around on a motorcycle, and he doesn't have a shirt on!"
"Why don't you try the China Club? Fuck you, asshole! It's probably a fucking fag bar, don't you think?"

Nothing to Lose
"What the fuck?! You ain't one of those psycho freaky jason desert hack killer motherfuckers are you?... Oh shit... we're in the desert!... Please don't kill me freaky jason. I said please don't kill me, freaky jason!"
"Freeze... sucker... bitch!"
"I bet you sold more Girl Scout cookies than anyone else in your troop, didn't you? What were you calling yourself back then, Yolanda, you little bitch?"

Pee Wee's Big Adventure
"Pee Wee, where are you gonna get the money to pay the reward?" "Whoever BRINGS me the bike is OBVIOUSLY the one who STOLE it, so they don't DESERVE a reward!"

Poolhall Junkies
"You said it Joe, shoot it all."
"Every so often, the lion has to remind the jackals... who he is."

Seven
"Fuckin Dante... poetry writing faggot..."

Snatch
"What would I want with a caravan that's got no fuckin wheels?!"

Star Wars
"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down now, I will become more powerful than you can possible imagine."
"Let go of me." "All right, don't get excited." "It would take more to excite me than being held by you." "Sorry, we don't have time for anything else."

Swingers
"I'm the asshole in the ba--the place, right? I'm the asshole? I wouldn't eat here--I would never eat here anyway!"

Training Day
"To protect the sheep, you have to catch the wolf. And it takes a wolf to catch a wolf."
"You have the right to be bitch-slapped."

The Transformers
"You cannot... destroy... my destinyyyyyyyyyy!"

The Usual Suspects
"I said he'll flip ya. Flip ya for real."


...

That was a good use of my time. Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment