Jul 7, 2005

So Jonathan and I finally got our shit together and landed some bullseyes to defeat Tony and Derek. Now I'm not making any assumptions or anything, but if I had to guess I'd say you guys like darts.

That is not to say that you guys have to go out and buy darts, but I'm glad I was able to find yet another thing to keep us in healthy competition. So now all of you on Pooky are probably wondering why the shit are we playing darts...and what is so special about these recent session of darts than from when I first bought the darts. Well here are some feelings/observations of things I have seen in our two nights of darts.

1. Tony who has been under pressure in soccer games numerous times says he feels like he is taking a penalty kick and waiting for the outcome when he is playing darts.

2. Jonathan who thought darts was about throwing the dart and hoping for the best got a little advice from me on how to throw the dart...and now he sees that it is a skill game and you can actually aim the dart.

3. Derek who is DEAD tired and even sleeping in my room before we actually start playing, comes alive like I've never seen him before. I haven't seen him so awake at 3:30 in the morning.

4. The game we play, Cricket, is almost an equalizer of sorts. No matter how many points one team scores...you are never out of it until you take yourself out of it. Tonight I saw a rally by Jonathan and Tony to win over a 242 point defecit. There is also a sort of offense/defense wave that flows up and down throughout the game.

5. There is nothing like one team hitting three darts into the 20 spot...then someone else coming in and hitting the triple 20 with one dart to accomplish the same thing. The competition gets so crazy between teams...that I have seen Tony get frustrated. Now Tony can lose multiple dollars in poker...but I haven't seen him frustrated like that in a while...that shows you how awesome darts are.

So before you dismiss this post as bullshit and even though you tried playing darts before, but might write it off...you need to play with a team and as a team in the game of Cricket to truly understand how crazy this game is. As of right now..the team to beat is Jonathan and I...but Tony and Derek won't let that last for very long. So what'dya say? Steve and Bryant? Andy and Bryant? Andy and Steve? Don't knock it until you've tried it! =)

In the meantime I think it is time I ordered my Pirahna's!

No comments:

Post a Comment