May 11, 2003

Well, it was nice seeing everyone this weekend. Hope you had fun in Berkeley Jonathan and sorry Derek for the mix up at Holders, hopefully I'll get to see both you guys soon.

I've been meaning to write in this blog for a while, just haven't gotten around to it this week...

T-bag, nice name, I like it even though in hind sight, it may be used in other fashions, here @ Pooky we love stupid.

Brendan - Ipod, damn...save up, you'll get it someday...maybe...

Jonathan - Buy the headphones. It sounds like you've already talked yourself into them, you just need reassurance and I say go for it, You're worth it!

I've been given the recent responsibility to find pictures of all our new Pookiers so that Brendan may get some ideas on an icon to draw for them. I will get on that as soon as I get back in SLO, I'll try to find the best pictures to represent each person in a nice fashion hehe.

After reading Andy's first blog and describing what he has done in life to become worthy of "stupid," I for shits and giggles will list some of the stupid things that I have done in my brief existence:

1. Said Yes to my arch-nemesis to a dance that I definitely did not want to go to. This led to incessant singing in the ol' truck and dance pictures in my possession and the possession of others (yearbook, damn it) to capture the GREAT memory of that night.
2. Drinking heavily @ a friend's b-day party and then running across the street while going against traffic. Luckily El Capitan came out and saved my life and pulled me into safety. Other highlights of the night were passing out in a bush and puking on someone's truck.
3. With alcohol once again being involved, I did a cartwheel in the streets, losing my glasses w/o my knowledge.
4. Cutting my finger at Noah's so badly that I needed to go to the hospital to get stitches. The reason why I find this to be stupid is because I did it, just so that a customer could be happy and have her bagel 30 secs faster. F Customer Service!
5. Due to heightened tension and rage while playing beloved Socom, I continued to throw my headset, this time hitting my office chair and shattering the poor thing to millions of pieces. Ooops! Headsets are very expensive, beware!

This weekend Brendan also continued to hand out "gay points." I seem to be the leader w/ like 5, while Kevin and Brendan are tied at 2 a piece. We'll see who wins this bad boy; please be me! My girlfriend will love it.

Tony came up w/ a comment that I found to interesting and true: "All our friends are funny!"
That's not a lie, that's not hyping ourselves up, I truly believe that if the general public heard how we talked to each other, the things we said out loud, and our actions, they would find us hilarious. Brendan said it true, that people are shocked, yet entertained at how much we rip into each other (on a deep level) and none of us really take each other too seriously. Most of the time we will rip the person back and so on and so on. I believe each one of us has a unique humor between us:

Brendan - blunt, realist w/ a hint of pessism, which makes us all laugh because we can't believe what we're hearing.
Jonathan - logical, sarcastic, humor. He's got the sound effects to that go along w/ the humor. He's witty w/ his comebacks and doesn't let anything phase him.
Steve - realist just like Brendan, but he can find more little things to talk about and laugh about...Ears being ripped off, Food, Way people speak, etc.
Brian - has a little sarcasm, a little noise makin' himself w/ the "YA!" and "Herro!" Double peace sign, fo sho!
Derek - Random random random. He will say things that people will say "What the fuck?!" People can't figure out if they're laughing because what Derek said makes sense and it's funny or they're laughing at Derek for making no sense at all.
Tony - Hardcore feminist. When I say hardcore, I mean not at all a feminist. Anti-feminism. He has a touch of Brendan in him where he tells it as it is, but doesn't do it too the extreme of Brendan. Tony is also funny because he's not afraid to say anything to anyone. He will say things to waitresses, cops, regular people on the street and especially...GIRLS haha.
Andy - Original thought. He is always looking for a different way to make people laugh. He is always trying to find different jokes. Good impressions of people as well. He also has Derek's randomness, but every Andy joke has some sort of point or purpose...well most of the time. Drunken Andy is all of what I have described, times 10.
Kevin - His Truckee thinking and semi-ignorance on things make me laugh at least. He makes light-hearted jokes from time to time. His shit talking can also be construed as funny from time to time. His laugh is contagious and he some how just makes people laugh along with him. He has bits of Tony and Brendan in him where he can be outspoken, especially when drunk. Watch out.
Me - I would say I have a combo of super sarcasm, stories, and lame jokes that give this Korean some laughs. I think I have a certain presence to make certain stories more interesting. I love to make people laugh and do whatever I can to get a laugh out of people. I am outspoken at times and say things I shouldn't, but hey, I follow the crowd.

Well, I think I have written enough. If people want to expand or dispute how I found everyone's humor, go for it. I would love to see how we all think about each other and even if we make each other laugh. I find you all funny in unique ways and I hope the laughter continues always.

Peace out, take care...for those who are graduating, live it up, times almost up.

No comments:

Post a Comment