Aug 3, 2003

It's been awhile since I've blogged. A lot of things to talk about...but no one likes to read long pieces of shit. HOWEVER when I drop a LONG piece of shit in the toilet I can't help but stare at it for awhile before I flush it down. I bet Discovery channel will mistaken it for a new type of eel.

First off...let us talk about Halo.

WE DID NOT GET OUR ASSES KICKED. The only reason why it felt like that was because some matches lasted only like 2 minutes. HOWEVER you must realize that in the gaming community...playing a max 16 player game in a max 6 player board. The only other reason is because we have less experienced players on our team. True I did not play the best, but there is no way three people who play the game can make up against a team of eight average players. I say average because even though their were some high kill counts, no one on the opposite team made me say, "wow." Excuses aside...we were starting to win games and they left. Sure they rushed in the beginning...but they did have one more person than us...but we were starting to gain ground.

Now Jon explained that if it didn't take any skill to frag on a small board with a shit load of handles on our screen shouldn't it have been about equal? And the answer is NO. If you have eight people on a team that is naturally stronger than your team then you will be killed more often than the other team. That's a given. Can you say that it takes skill to kill the other team...sure I guess...but the kicker is this. In Halo when you respawn you get put right into the middle of the action. This equals death. That is true for any first person shooter type game...HOWEVER in PC games you do not get spawned in front of the enemy since they know it's bullshit. The Halo programmers do not know this yet. It takes skill to get that first kill. Other than that skill is nonexistant. BTW I would have said the same if we won those levels. I would not toot my own horn because as someone who is more than a casual gamer understands that those types of games are not skill...just a matter of where you get put in the level after you respawn. This sounds contradictory and I know my explaination is vague...but I guarantee you I know what I'm talking about...even if I don't know how to explain it.

I'll say this...and for the other players in our team this does not mean anything towards you. You cannot be blamed for being a casual gamer and having a life unlike me. You guys did an awesome job and what it boils down to is bad programming, bad game selection and bad leadership on my part. BUT get Maniac, Boonaz and Sushiboy against their best three...they will lose. Any questions? BTW Derek your training starts on Monday. Expect a phone call.

Last thing on the subject...campers always have an upper hand...but campers sitting in their base with a warthog is looked down upon in the "real" gaming community...I'd rather run out and be killed than be a pussy the entire match. I got an idea. To find out who really has the most skill...lets play the game that has the most skill in it. IF you die then you stay dead until the round is over. I bet they don't wanna play that way.

So why did I give Bad Boys or as I'd like to call it...overcompensation to cover up it's flaws only two stars or two and half or whatever? Simple. The story was stupid...was there even a story in there? A solution to a bad script is not making it eye candy in my book. The music is old. It was too long...I mean how? There wasn't any character development in there...where did all the filler go? Oh right...to a stupid end car chase with an equally stupid ending. Was it fun? I guess...until it overstayed it's welcome. But then again I don't like a lot of Bay's decisions...so whatever. I should get into the conversation Jon and I had about giving films stars. It's pretty good. It all comes down to art and how art is only art in the eye of the beholder. My eyes are burnt from all the stupid shit exploding on screen...so I can't say this is art. BTW what made Bad Boys so good was the humor. In this one Bay got his shit backwards.

American Wedding....the last one... thank fucking god. The first one was kinda funny...the second one I didn't laugh (ask Bryant for proof)...the third one I will clap until my hands are red since there will be no more American anything. All these films proved to me was that I can lower my standards of perfection and still con 100 million dollars out of idiots. And yes...I am idiot cuz I paid to see them in theatres also. That hurt to type.

Steve and Brian I'm glad you came down and up to see Dave. I enjoyed the concert very much. If you only like his main hits then you were probably somewhat dissappointed. I was kinda mad he didn't play Crash and Steve will probably never see Dave ever again since he didn't play Ants Marching for him. I haven't seen a lot of concerts so I can't really compare...but I thought it was awesome since I liked all those songs he played...were they all my favorites? Nah. But they were all sick.

Thats it...this blog is confusing and stupid. I'm still tired...however that concert got me into Dave again and have just finished listening to Busted Stuff, Remember Two Things and Before These Crowded Streets. BTW I can't believe Jon called The Pig at the concert. I'm glad he played it for Jon...and Jon is right...that song doesn't get much respect...but what can you expect...after Crush...you don't think it can go anywhere but down. Hehe.

Sushiboy doesn't use green guns...if he does he will lose...but he can beat any one of those Fobs at MOHAA, Socom, GoldenEye, PerfectDark, Doom, Quake, Unreal, Soul Caliber 1 and 2, Pac-man, Duck Hunt, Hot Shots, Wario Ware, Bantumi on cellphones, Duke Nukem, Breakout, Combat, Wizards and Warriors, Double Dragon, BurgerTime, Smash Brothers, Puzzle Fighter, Risk, Dialing Immigration and the list goes on and on...


No comments:

Post a Comment