Oct 20, 2003

Kill Bill...are you kidding me? This film was great by all means. Do you actually think they could have fit the whole film into one volume? I seriously doubt it. I mean people get tired of sitting through LOTR...how are they going to sit through Tarantino's style. Speaking of style...that is exactly what this film oozes. Think about this...animation sequence? In a live action, mainstream film? The animation was smooth and stylish...all together dynamic. The story...he made it like a Mega Man game which earns high marks in my book. He isn't trying to be something he is not...he is taking everything he likes about martial arts films and adds his own twisted plot to accompany that...and it never forgets what it wants to accomplish. (Clue: Its not trying to get an Oscar)

The Japanese was excellent and the martial arts didn't try to get too Matrixy which I can honestly say is overplayed and overstayed. At least Tarantino understands that a Samurai Sword is something special and pays it special attention. The violence is Tarantino and he makes sure it isn't too much...which is why he shot in black and white...which is gutsy but it pays tribute to the Independant circuit that made him what he is today. It shows he isn't afraid to try something if it makes it look cool...and that whole end scene in the snow...sure the martial arts isn't the best...but I didn't know that Tarantino was capable of such ambience in his shots. I dunno...this review is retarded and I know that some of you are thinking I'm taking this too seriously...but this is what I love to do so I better act like I know something about it now...or else no respect from no one! Hehe.

Overall I understand what Brian is trying to say...but Kill Bill was an awesome way to end the summer run (Yes I realize that you probably don't consider Kill Bill and summer release...but the film seaons are basically either summer and the rest of the year). You want to see a drawn out story that sucks shit...Better Luck Tomorrow...FUCKING FOBS...

No comments:

Post a Comment