Oct 29, 2002

Hm, have I changed over the past few years? Yeah probably. I keep harping on the fact that I haven't changed emotionally, but since this topic came up I did a little thinking... A few months ago I was at the indifferent to everything stage. Bad stuff happened at work, school and home and I got sick of trying to please people. This time around, I'm starting to realize the punk I've become and am slowly starting to change, maybe for the better?

Thinking back to the first impressions... Let's see... Brendan seemed a little intimidating in YBA :) I still maintain that you didn't come off as an asshole to me though! Derek... I think the first time I really started to know you was during the Magic Mountain trip so long ago... And what's this happy-go-lucky voice I have? You were the one that seemed to have it more than me that trip! Bryant. Again, I think I really started talking to you during the Magic Mountain trip.... hah, "Oh hell, I'm stuck with these two in a room???" You seemed to have everything under control and you knew where you were going everytime you took a step. Steve... Believe it or not, I was looking for a "cool" friend my first day at church and you seemed to fit right in. Jon, right from the start, it seemed that you had such freedom! Not just in the sense that you were free to do as you pleased, but you seemed were capable of accomplishing anything just a thought.

This trip down memory lane serves a purpose... When we interact with each other, we discover something different and we adjust our views. I've come to admire Brendan for his sense of leadership, Derek for his devotion, Bryant for his decision making, Steve for his self-confidence/outgoing personality, and Jon for his quick wit and thoughtfulness. As Bryant said, I think that I've changed because of the friends around me and the views/qualities all of you have. I've learned to see the world differently by looking through your eyes...

Alright, enough of this thinking... Now I'm just going to write, since I do have a lot to say today....

I got up early this morning and had my whole day planned out, I'd finish up some homework, get a haircut buy some groceries and then head off to school. Boy was I in for a surprise. I walk out to my car and notice that my triangular window had been broken. Yup, my car was broken into again. I swear, you'd think I'd have learned after the first couple times. ARM THAT DAMN ALARM NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE. Interestingly enough, I did learn to take all my CD's out of the car every night so the punks couldn't take that. I did however leave my stereo in. Yeah, I'm an idiot. I guess I should appreciate the l33tness that is my stereo as it's survived 2 attacks. That's right, they couldn't get it out. They did however take the time to open my trunk and take a peek at the nasty towel I have in there. End story? I'm short $250 (to replace the window) and the thieves got zero. Why am I not mad at this? Probably because it was my fault, nothing was stolen, and this happened at a pretty convenient time in my life (I actually have the money, and I'm not missing anything if I don't go to class...). It does however serve as a wake up call for me... My car now gets alarmed EVERY time. Live and learn... I now bump my music as loud as possible everywhere I go just in case the would be thieves are around. My way of making fun of them :)

Don't you think Final Fantasy X-2 is a fantastic name? X-2... Final Fantasy 10 part 2, or Final Fantasy 12. I thought it was clever... Unfortunately, I don't like where Square is headed... Are they starting to get scared of making different worlds? Have you noticed that trend in gaming? Let's see what's on my desk... Icewind Dale II, WarCraft III, Heroes of Might and Magic IV, Dance Dance Revolution 5th Mix, Beatmania 6th Style, Unreal Tournament 2k3... You get the picture... Innovation! I've always admired some of the Japanese TV shows for knowing when to end a series (Well, most of the time.) Take the dramas that come on every Saturday night. They END. Have you ever seen "All my children" end? Take most anime series now a days... You get 2 or 3 seasons and they conclude... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment