Oct 16, 2002

Just another week... These past few days have been so uneventful! My car's sorta fixed, apparently my distributor was totaled, and my timing belt needed replacement... Expensive but manageable. I'm starting to save for a new car and hopefully I'll have one next year. Yay for cheaper Civics!

Got a few new CD's this week; Jurassic 5, The Magnificent DJ Jazzy Jeff, and Paul Oakenfold. They're all pretty good, but I've been listening to J5 a bit more. They have one track that flows really well. It sounds a little harder than their previous CD, and I like.

Paul Oakenfold's CD is a little different than I expected, but still just as good. He's doing a lot more with vocals, and he even got Ice Cube to do a track. (While I respect the rapper, the song still sucks donkey balls) I've read that the techno age is dying off, but it seems Oakenfold is evolving. Some will probably say he's selling out, but what can you do?

Er as for the DJ Jazzy Jeff album... I didn't know what to expect from his solo debut, but he does it pretty well. The beats are pretty catchy and he seems happy to have this album out. Scratches are still top notch as well... No Will Smith in this one though, he did one better and got Shawn Stockman on a track.

On a little more serious note, have you heard that the media is linking the sniper in DC to video games? Again, I want to smack somebody. Old people really need to die... I hope the sniper turns out to be a middle aged bastard who knows nothing of videogames so we can tell the media to shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment