Dec 6, 2002

Ok, it's 330am and I just finished working on our group paper for my Senior Project. Damn I'm tired. I worked soooo hard on this thing, I can't wait until peer evaluations, some people will get some Shit from me damn it! This is one of the few times where I don't feel bad about writing crap about others. As for some of the top ten games of all time, I'll tell you some of my favorites and we'll see what happens:

These are in no particular order:

1.) Super Tecmo Bowl - set the standard for sports games. Subsitutions, injuries ( Injury music playing, player laying on the field), just all around fun, 100 yard bombs. Good lord I used to play that game for an insane amount of hours. I don't think anyone was any better than Brendan and I on that game. Simply UNBEATABLE!

2.) The Madden Series - Starting w/ Genesis 92 when an ambulance would come on the field and run over fools and then pick up the player and then run over more, I fell in love with Madden. It's the best football game out there. It's smooth, got an easy to learn interface, at least EA hasn't gone down w/ this game yet, those A-holes!

3.) Metal Gear Solid - Jeez louise did I ever love this game. It was so fun sneaking around and being stealthy. The storyline to me was very interesting. Solid 2 is good too, but the appeal isn't there at times. I blame it on gay-ass Raiden, reminds me of Derek...haha j/k. The storyline was way more complex in 2 and almost weird and scary, but the graphics were absolutely amazing. The soundtrack to both games blew me away. Whoever the composer was chose the perfect songs to set the moods for the games.

4.) Leisure Suit Larry, Space Quest, Police Quest, Hero's Quest - All these Sierra games were classic and all had their appeal. Larry Laffer, hilarious. I thought I was so naughty for playing that game hehe. The games actually pretty harmless, but I thought it had some funny shit that I would even laugh at today...I would say 2 and the last one were pretty good. When they added his voice to the game...amazing! Roger Wilco on Space Quest was hella funny. The most sarcastic game ever, maybe that's where I got it hehe. Police Quest always had a cool story. It became weird when it went into the SWAT series, but overall a good game. Hero's Quest was fun because you were able to be a theif and sneak into people's shit hehe. It's sad that these adventure games went away, they had so much appeal and it was fun solving all the puzzles involved. I know there's more than one game, but I think of them all as a certain style.

5.) Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max, Full Throttle: More of the adventure game genre with a different company, LucasArts. I'll tell you why I thought these games were cool...all of them had sarcastic appeal...and these were some of the first games that added fun sounds and voice characters throughout the game, not just in the intro. I wish they made these games compatible with Windows, I would play them over and over and over again.

6.) Halo - Overall a great game. One of the better two player coop games out there. Graphics are absolutely stunning. I wish multiplayer mode had more features involved in it, but I guess that's why I'll have to wait for Halo 2.

7.) Super Puzzle Fighter - There is no better game to play against someone else. Building the blocks....(pasenloayi) hehe ...(SOOOYOUSAY).....hehe breaking them up and watching them pile on your opponents side, classic.

8.) Socom - This is just a fun game. No matter how pissed off I get, I always come back. I love talking shit, but hate getting killed by little kids. hehe The graphics could use a little work and also I think its bs that you can't blow up claymores, but other than that B Lee Dat, Maniac Cop, Sushi Boy and j.reid kick some serious ass. Clans fear us and I love having that respect. Zero tolerance, strength and honor baby! hahahaha Such a game for nerds!

9.) Bond/Perfect Dark - Oh boy oh boy, Bryant welcome to the world of 1st person shooters, OH HEAD SHOT! F' THAT! Fun things said while playing. Bond was so fun, the levels were close to perfect and you could play hours upon hours. The single player game was hella hard, but its all about multi player. Perfect dark was an evolution from Bond which let Brendan, Andy and I to go against Bots and kick the shit out of them. Halo needs to let 3 people beat a game. That's my dream......

10.) Kingdom Hearts - Disney Characters kicking ass?! I'm there! This is one of the first pseudo RPG/Action game that I've really played through, minus Dark Alliance, but this game was way better. I liked the story a lot and the graphics kicked ass. I was entranced in all the cut scenes and I liked the ending theme song. This is a weird choice for me because most action games that I like involve gun fire and intense violence, but all the other factors came in and took my mind off the violence part.

Honorable mention: Super Dodge Ball, NHL 96+, Harvest Moon 64, Duke Nukem, Breathe of Fire III, Barbie's Big Date (wait how'd that get in here?!), Super Mario 3, Hardball 2, GTA 2, Theme Park (puking and throwing people off coasters, classic)

alright, its about Bedtime, so I will talk to you all later. Wish me luck on my presentation. Side note, minus Jonathan, you all are assholes for not signing my guestbook hehe. People sign it twice to remind me that no one really signs it. Damn you all! hahaha j/k
Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment