Oct 8, 2002

Snacks - Welcome! You and your short pointless messages! Perhaps some day we will see who can whoop whose butts. Does that last message end with "good" or "god"? =)
LL Cool B - Huge congratulations are in order. Haha you're gonna be a software engineer... you could've been an eecs geek. Maybe we'll work together some day, wouldn't that be delicious. Senioritis is okay as long as you don't end up like me, wondering to the very end if I finished up my requirements.
Steve - Ahh, hentai and hose hangouts. Apparently San Diego's the place to be.
Brian - Heheh GE classes... I can't believe you have to start over, sucky... at least you can try to rob some cradles like back in the day, with freshmen who hopefully aren't married yet (we've all done that to some degree, except BLucky). What's "congratuations"? Heheh. As for asskicking... bring it. >=D
BLuckyDay - I figure I have nothing to say since we hang out all the time in San Jose. Oh what the hell, it's been a month already? Hopefully you're getting sleep and finishing up Steve's icon.

Okay, so another painting weekend with the heat rising. It takes til fall for the summer heat to come out? Yesterday I was confused because the hot-cold in the bathroom sink seemed reversed. Weird. Plus we've got a thousand ants having a damn feast under our kitchen sink, but I think my dad might have regulated last night, I guess I'll find out. If not, it's up to me... and I don't joke around when it comes to killing bugs.

The Silver Bullet is back in action. New battery and pumped up tires, ready to tear up the road. But it is dirty as hell, inside and out. The second time I drove it, I noticed some hornets were chilling between the door and the car, so you only see them when you open the driver-side doors. That's comforting.

Last night I had tennis class again. Our activities are getting better, we hit forehands and backhands with the ball machines and had to get the instructor's approval to go rally. So I finished earlier than most, and the people I rallied with were pretty good too. After a little serving practice I was gonna leave, but as I walked by the courts a guy asked if I wanted to play doubles. I said sure, thinking I could use the competitive practice, and he asked if I had to get up early the next day or if I could play two or three sets. I say whatever, and we get started. So I'm playing with these three fobby old guys--"Charlie", "Allen"/Shomo, and Sun--and we end up playing three sets from 9:00 til almost midnight. The funny thing is what they say once in a while when there are good shots made. You have to feel good when you hit a winner and someone shouts out "OHH, SUPER!" It turns out these guys are all over 40, but we had a pretty good game (my team won 6-2, 7-6, 4-6) Afterward "Charlie" (my partner) asked if I would be able to play again next week. So I guess I'll be doing the late night doubles thing on Mondays. That's cool, I need to work on my game, particularly at net. Oh and he asked if I spoke Mandarin, and when I said no, he asked what language we speak at home. Ever see that disappointed look fobs get when you tell them you speak English at home? Kinda like, "bitch you ain't real"... I bet that's what he was thinking.

So I got home from tennis around midnight. Too late to take a shower, since I don't want to incite my father's wrath. So I check e-mail, have a snack, etc. I don't want to get in bed all dirty, so I'm on the floor trying to use a little sweatshirt as a blanket... it's Steve's house all over again. Well the cold wakes me up repeatedly, and finally it's 5:30 AM and I can take a shower (my dad's up getting ready for work by then). I do so, and feel nice and refreshed, but go back to sleep for another 6 hours. Now I'm up and reading/writing blog, and about to eat some cereal. The good life.

Oh yeah on spiders... Ramsey got bitten on the face by a black widow in his sleep. He had to get some antibiotic medicine that made him really drowsy. He was not pleased. I was helping him move stuff back to his old house yesterday, and today we're moving some BMW tires to Menlo Park. The BMW was having tons of problems, so he traded it in. Now he has a Corvette, sleek with 345hp... very fancy. I got to check out its special features yesterday, maybe I'll take it for a spin later.

And I am in fact thinking about and starting to work on Web site designs and concepts... jhiro.net is on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment