Dec 9, 2002

First off...this whole letter thing Jonathan's neighbors, absolutely hilarious. You definitely need to talk to these neighbors more. Seek professional help for shyness, awesome! Never seen u with a date, haha it's ok Jonathan, no girls go over my house either. But for realz, that is some pretty funny stuff. Cool that he got his degree from Poly baby! hehe

2nd, I see Ricki and the two Koreans have started a blog and already there is some real intelligence being displayed:

"let the bitchin begin! hehe so, r we spost to write bout stuff thats goin on in our lives??" - seriously, she can't be Korean, not real!

"how come ours doesnt look as good as brendans?? :( howd he put pix up n stuff?" - We rule. aka Jonathan and Brendan rule for drawing and putting this stuff up.

I think with all these thinking blogs, I'll just chime in my two cents quickly. I hate being proven wrong, I hate critism (even if it's constructive), but most of the time I can admit that I am. It's the worst feeling when you think you're right and you put one of those stamps of "Andy's guarantees" and in the end, you get proven wrong and then I told you so comes out. Which most of us don't do, we don't gloat...hehe well sometimes we do =D. This is mostly from a subjuctive standpoint, there is a right and wrong. When trying to be objective, everyone can be right because it's truly your own opinion. No matter how stupid it may sound to everyone else, you can believe whatever you want. The only time where I go against this theory is when you work for a company that says, "The customer is always right!" Bull shit they are, if you ever implement that policy if you start a business, you might as well quit because you will be a slave to the consumer and your employees will not be happy. haha NOAH'S for example, Tennis Warehouse is another! Sorry a little venting came out.

You know what sucks? Is not knowing what the other person is feeling. It sucks when you have to try and guess what kind of thoughts are going through anothers mind. Girls play this game well, almost too well. Whats weird though, is with some people you can just read them like a book and you know exactly what's on their mind. Or even more trippy, when others can read me. But I don't think I'm a hard person to read anyway. haha

Competition. I love it, I strive on it, but let me tell I can get pissed and frustrated really bad if I'm not on a winning side. If you ever see this display which most of you probably have seen, whether it be poker for money or 13 just to brag about championships, I don't mean to get angry but it's my nature. I know in general people don't like to lose, but I really don't like it, no matter the circumstances. If I'm playing poorly, tennis, basketball, even socom, that takes you out of your game even more and you just start to get flat out pissed. When someone is beating you consistently at a game and you just are not seeing improvement, that can piss a person off too. I just love to win, I just have a real competitive spirit in me. I've never been really good at any sport, (some may argue roller hockey was my sport, but too bad it died out) but I try my best to succeed in whatever I'm playing and when you're trying hard and things aren't working out, you get pissed. In poker, I get pissed when my money is just dwindling away and I feel like I'm playing my cards right, but by the end of the night I just throw it all in because I just don't care and I want to go home. I'm a pouter, sure, I'll admit it, but that's my spirit. I love hanging out and talking, but I also like winning. Having fun is the most important aspect of hanging out for sure, but I like the friendly competition and especially winning...but I know I can't win everything, but I can sure try right?

In videogames, I love it. To some I guess beating a game doesn't give them much accomplishment, but I love beating games. Beating Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear Solid and just watching the art work and the story unfold at the end was all worth it to me. In Madden, doing all the training camps, opening new cards, winning the Super Bowl, tons o' fun. To me it's amazing how some things you just never get bored of. Going through a game and just trying to push the limits of it and finding new things to do is fun, but I guess you have to be an enthusiast to understand. In Socom, playing against others and showing off your skills is so fun to me. I love it playing w/ Andy, Brendan and Kevin and showing the world that we can beat them. This is a totally new arena to play in, especially with console gaming and I'm sure there will be plenty more to come for me to enjoy. By beating games and shooting down others in cyberspace mean that I've accomplished a lot in my life? Oh hell no. I can't put that shit on resume...haha. But it does give someone a sense of accomplishment, that a person can put time and their energies on a game and complete it. It's like an interactive puzzle that you piece together and when it's all finished, you just feel proud of yourself. Maybe this is just me and I'm a freakin nerd, but I don't care, videogames are a part my life and it will probably never leave.

haha on an end note, school is almost done, Wednesday is my last day! To all who have finals aka everyone minus Jonathan....good luck on finals! Cya soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment