Nov 20, 2002

Re: LL's post
I care. (mehmehmehpowerconverters... heh)

Yes Bryant, I am certain that you must have been oblivous to signs of attraction in the past. Probably no big loss though. Except for those longing glances from BLuckyDay, that gal's a keeper. =D

"Not really my crowd, but most are actually pretty cool," huh. So... your crowd would then be mostly not cool. Look at these icons. Okay, so no argument here, but that's mean. Oh well, the truth hurts and I'm covered with bruises.

Tennis class
Ahh... I LOVE TENNIS. Heh another brief but utterly enjoyable class period that taught me nothing but gave me the chance to go out and hit some balls. So the coach seems to really want me on the team. At the start of class he told me he wanted to play singles against this other Jo(h)n, so we did so. We ended up just rallying the whole time, which is fine with me. I finished Visual Tennis, so now I'm reading Brad Gilbert's book, Winning Ugly. It's very good so far. Tonight I tried one of his tips--to start out nice and easy, going for depth and control but not hard strokes early on. I started to get into my rallying form, and eventually hit a little harder. But I was hitting the corners left and right, which Jo(h)n pointed out to me afterward, seemingly amazed. I'm learning to focus more on hitting my target rather than trying to put pace on the ball. I think after a while I'll be consistent enough to add that extra power, which will hopefully result in deadly force that will tear the other Lockheed players up. Wishful thinking, but at least I have a goal. So anyways, after class the coach told me to think about trying out for the team, and gave me a copy of the spring schedule. Apparently I would have to be free from 2:00-5:00pm, which is not happening, so oh well on that. And I'm still loving the Thorlo socks.

Blog feedback, etc.
Yeah, so word on the street is our readership has grown a bit beyond the core group (i.e. Team Pooky). If our antics haven't managed to alienate you completely yet (or even if they have), feel free to e-mail any of us... click on the names under the icons to do so. I'd agree that we're all actually nice guys, but our ability to laugh at ourselves and one another has evolved into an all-inclusive-make-fun-of-the-whole-world mentality. And we often take an extreme tone or point of view mainly for humor's sake... The world would be a better place if everyone were more like us. No touchiness, no taking pointless offense at petty things. Just fun times and good laughs at everyone's expense. Join us... love life... love stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment