Nov 22, 2002

What? Bangs is posting again already? Dammit it better not be more tennis shiet, doesn't he realize none of us cares about tennis half as much as him? That's not even a real sport anyway...

"Near death experiences"
#1 - Okay so I'm driving to Michaels at Shoreline Wednesday night (forgot to blog about this), a restaurant where a fancy Lockheed celebration was taking place. I'm supposed to turn left from Alma to Shoreline... as I complete my turn I accelerate to maybe 40 or so... and suddenly notice there's curb right in front of me. The street was actually a ramp, which turned some 180 degrees. A loud screech accompanied my braking whilst turning. I kept control, but the noise was a touch embarrassing. NO SIGNS INDICATED A CURVE OR LOW SPEED LIMIT, WHAT THE FUCK. Maybe the city planners/civil engineers/whoever set it up in daylight and figured it was all good. Or maybe I was just stupid and missed the sign. 50-50.

#2 - All right so #1 wasn't a real near death experience, just stupid and a little dangerous. But this one... so it's the same trip, and I'm on Shoreline and passed through some gates to what I guess is a little community where fancyasspants live. Coming up the road... in MY LANE... are these two stupidass joggers, probably chatting it up about their yachts and poodles and shiet. As we come nearer, they make no effort to move to the sidewalk or even slow down. They're running in the damn road into oncoming traffic. Part of me wants to enforce common sense and just mow them down (the near death part). But then that would be a big legal hassle, so I slow down a little and go around them. I guess it does take a lot of heart to kill. Maybe next time...

Clouds are awesome
I may have mentioned this to some of you before, but two things that really fascinate me are fire and clouds. I can just sit, stare, and marvel at them. Not that I do so often, but it's an option. Anyways, the sky was gorgeous today. I hope everyone in the area had a good look because it was filled with clouds. I got to see them during the day, with all white, grey, and blue... then at sunset and dusk--oranges and purples. Nice, truly.

I am charmed
Or something. I remember a few years back we were playing cards and Steve said he thought I was naturally lucky, and Brendan agreed (both probably just bitter over a pot I just won). Anyways, I've noticed from time to time that things do tend to turn up Bangs. Back in school it seemed like whenever I forgot or neglected to do my homework, either (a) the teacher would forget to collect it, (b) the teacher would give us an extension on it, or (c) we'd have a substitute who didn't know what was what.

Anyways, here's what happened at work today. I brought a delightful lunch my mom put together for me. But when it was noon and I was ready to chow down, I noticed I was lacking both utensils and napkins. The walk to the cafeteria is 5-10 minutes, so I'd prefer not to take up precious lunch break time with it if I don't have to. But I didn't find any utensils around, and didn't feel like eating barbarian style, so off I went. It's a nice walk outside though, so I got to check out the clouds and a few nice cars in the parking lot. Anyways, I sat down and ate in the little outdoors area by the cafeteria. When I was about halfway through, one of the nice lunch ladies came out and just gave me a slice of pumpkin pie. I guess it was free. I really like pumpkin pie, and it was pretty good. So the point is: what first seemed like an inconvenience turned out to be a twofold delight. You never know what might turn up in your favor. Moral of the story: Bangs wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment