Jul 14, 2005

haha To be honest, I can't believe that game caused such a ruckus. I will say this to anyone, I'm not going to promise that I won't do it again. Unfortunately when I drink, I like many others lose certain inhibitions and shit happens. There are shit load of things that other people do that bug me, but I choose to hang out with them anyway. We hang out with our friends with their pluses and minuses. If we really couldn't handle it then we wouldn't hang out with them. At least I wouldn't. And for the record if we hit someone everytime we thought they were being stupid, acting inappropriately, etc, we would all be covered in bruises and saying "I fell down the stairs" to people at work.

Brendan's right, there's part of me that is DAMN proud of what I did. Not because I offended people , not because I embarassed others, because I did whatever I felt like doing at that point in time. Believe it or not, I could've not played that game if I really didn't want to, but I did and I wanted to win and get some laughs. Plus two for accomplishing both goals. There aren't many times in life where we lose all inhibition and just don't give a crap what anyone thinks, this was one of those times and it felt good. Unless I drink an absolutely ludicrous amount, I feel like I can control most my actions and this was one of those times where I chose not to. Plain and simple. I'm sorry to sound a little upset, but I think some of us would be hypocritcal to think what I did was really that terrible. It's not like any of us our perfect citizens and I'm sure if I thought hard enough I could think of times where others slipped in judgement. Is it different because I'm 25 and should know better? Possibly...

I apologize again if I embarassed anyone, but if you cannot handle being around me when I drink, don't. Drunk or not, I am not going to apologize week in and week out for things that I do. If there are consequences I will face them head on. Out of most of us, I think I'm capable of doing the most random things in a public place, especially while drinking and my actions aren't any different from any other Obon. True, I've never yelled penis but I've spilled beer on someone, punched Kevin, sang at some random dude on a bike, gave a girl a ring, and danced on the damn Bingo table. Are any of the above showing any better of an influence to a little kid? Probably not - haha.

So if anyone didn't know any of the above, there's your warning and I will not be offended if you don't hang out w/ me at Mtn. View. The main reason I apologize for last weeks apparent debacle was because in hind sight it really was a stupid thing to do, especially for a few laughs. Reward wasn't worth reading:
  • "Bryant your antics except the PENIS was second in line" - I'm sorry, bad timing. I know your humor/antics/comments/overall dialogue isn't any cleaner, but the better person doesn't do it in front of Sydnie and Stitch. I love them as if they were my cousins and I wouldn't intend to corrupt their minds so early in life. Innocence is a treasured asset that I'm sure some of us miss.
  • "If The Penis Game gets started again this week, someone is getting hit. I'm generally a pretty fun guy, but if I saw a bunch of drunk bastards yelling "Penis" at a family oriented event which used to have some sort of sentimental value and meaning (I know they dance at the SJ Obon), I would want to crack some skulls. There's a time and place for everything and I don't think an event like this is either. Next time you find yourselves ready to do something that has you questioning your actions, imagine yourself 5 tables away with your family and re-think your actions." See comment above about hitting. I expect you to crack skulls in Mtn. View if you see inappropriate non-family like behavior. This isn't a Disney movie and a kid could watch/hear much worse listening to MTV.
  • "If that was someone else I'd want to hit him also. -.5 points." See comment above about hitting. Actually, next time, hit me. Or nudge me and say that wasn't cool. This definitely didn't have to be a debateable topic and I'm really more embarassed about having to post.
  • "who gives a fuck may be right, but if it was someone else doing it at obon we might be talking about how retarded they were" I don't know who this was, but just because it was me doesn't mean it wasn't retarded. This comment tells me that you thought what I did was just that. And I'm ok with that, minus that i don't know who you are, the rest of us are all friends and though we may not like what we hear, we can talk things out among ourselves. I trust everyone on this blog and consider everyone to be at least a good friend to my best friends. If you feel I am acting retarded and you're embarassed let me know and we can talk that through.
  • "Bryant's still gonna get slapped around. He needs it." Misunderstanding here, but I hope everyone understands that what I'm going through after my break up with Tiff has been one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through. Things are easier said then done especially when you're bored at work and think a lot. I am doing my best to take in everyone's advice. Baby steps are comin...I accept that I will feel shitty if I don't do the little things and if you don't want to hear about it because you don't think I'm trying then I'm really sorry to hear that. I think I've made huge leaps from where I was a month ago and if you can't see that then I must be doing something wrong.
  • "Imagine YOU were the parent trying to have dinner with your kids." Once again, sorry sorry sorry! To be honest, this IS going to happen to us in our lives and people around us are going to say things that aren't appropriate for our kids. I'm sorry that I'm the one that forces parents to teach their kids that a. it's not ok to drink b. don't even think about saying penis or you will be on timeout.
For the good of Pooky, I will try and be on best PG-13 behavior for now on. I'm pretty much a gentleman at clubs, at bars, etc. Why is Obon different? Because I am with ALL my friends. Not just a subset, all of them. I get really jealous sometimes when I hear about how guys go out and have crazy/wild stories. We don't have a whole lot of those and not that we have to, it would be nice to have some stories come outside the poker table. I'm really happy that a lot of our "crazy" stories involve me in some way. When I look back I don't want any regrets or say that I didn't go out and try to have fun. And "fun" is uniquely defined for each and every one of us, I know, but for me going out and making other laugh is what I live for. Unfortunately not everyone shared in my amusement this time.

Ok, so with that said, I really really really hope to not have to hear about this again, unless it's one of those "Remember the time when..." hahah good laughs and we move on...situations. If someone wants to discuss my behavior further, my AIM is dmai27, email - bhlee27@yahoo, or you have my cell.

Football will be sweet, Mtn View is going to be awesome and our after party even better. I hope to see everyone there!

No comments:

Post a Comment